In my continuing effort to stay focused on Attitude I came across the following article. It falls into my perspective on attitude, so I thought I would share it with you. As always, I welcome any comments and suggestions.
Change Your Life, Change Your Attitude
“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” - Sir John Lubbock
Creating and maintaining a positive attitude is the most efficient and low-cost investment one can make in order to change their life. A positive attitude is a habit and must be learned through repetition and conscious effort on your part.
A positive attitude is not dependent upon your genetic composition. It depends upon your decision to face your world with enthusiasm and to create a positive environment.
We are faced with millions of challenging situations throughout our personal and professional lives. Many provoke physical or emotional pain and suffering. Can you tell me which of these situations will be made easier by being depressed, critical, bitter, angry or apathetic? None of them.
By accepting the reality that we will be faced with many challenges in life, and that we must seek solutions, it becomes obvious that creating and maintaining a positive attitude can only help us. Our problems remain the same size, it does not matter if you react with bitterness or enthusiasm, it doesn’t change the problem.
What we alter with a positive outlook, is our ability to accurately measure the situation and create appropriate solutions. If you choose to maintain a positive attitude you are no longer a helpless victim of circumstance, but an active participant in the creation of opportunities and solutions.
- A positive attitude stimulates creativity and creates opportunities.
- A positive attitude is one of the fundamental core characteristics of successful people.
- A positive attitude will change the way you feel about yourself, your family and your job.
- A positive attitude will change the way you approach and solve problems.
- A positive attitude will inspire and energize others.
- A positive attitude will affect internal physical and psychological processes that eventually will materialize in your actions.
- Don’t confuse a positive attitude with extreme optimism. You should create and maintain a positive attitude while being realistic about your situation. It’s not about closing your eyes to the negative and ignoring the problems in our lives. That would be foolish.
- It’s all about chosing to be enthusiastic and cheerful, and dealing with the world around us with energy and the desire to do the best we can, all the time.
“When you choose to be pleasant and positive in the way you treat others, you have also chosen, in most cases, how you are going to be treated by others.”
- Zig Ziglar