Monday, December 31, 2007
This was presented to me by my good friend Nina of the Alien Next Door. According to Nina: “I hope the new year will bring just as many fun, interesting, thought-provoking, warm and inspirational blog posts, to and from each of you, and just as many nice comments, tips and suggestions, as we all have seen in the past year.”
Thank you Nina!
Posted by DubLiMan at 9:13 AM
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Mauro from 1 Million Love Messages has honored has honored me with this cool Award.
Mauro has said of this award:
This is my latest round of “Great Blog Awards” this year.
So, I will give my Inspiring “Great Blog Awards” list of 2007.
Thank you Mauro
Posted by DubLiMan at 12:47 PM
7 weird things about me tag from Colin of Life.
Here are the rules:
Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a notification on their blog.
- My office has 2 computers kitty corner to each other; 1 for my job and the other for personal and blogging use.
- I work at home and my three Dachshunds spend the whole day in my office with me. I have a wonderful work environment.
- I am a night showerer; I hate going to bed dirty.
- I have discovered that if I eat standing up it doesn't count. I just wish the mirror and the scale could be convinced of that.
- I am a weekend warrior; I do little exercise during the week, other than walking my dogs for 20 minutes per night, and I play 90 minutes of breakneck tennis every Sunday morning.
- When I fly I have to have an isle seat or else I will not get into the plane.
- I drive much too fast.
Now, I tag the following:
- Nick of Nick's Bytes
- Nina of The Alien Next Door
- Cliff of WIXY's Gone Bananas
- Nicole of The Modern Goddess
- Daszzle of Something To Smile About
- Wildcatsthree of The Dog Log
- Alias of alias inkhorn remarks, illuminations, silhouettes and tales
Friday, December 28, 2007
(If this is your first time on this site, you may want to begin with "Are You Prepared For Success?" [Introduction])
If you are a regular reader of my Empowerment Process please read the Section II version of this poem first; then read this version.Solitude
If I laugh the world laughs with me;
Weep, and I weep alone;
For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,
But has trouble enough of it’s own.
If I sing, the hills will answer;
Sigh, it is lost in the air;
The echoes bound to a joyful sound,
But shrink from voicing care.
If I rejoice, folks will seek me;
Grieve, and they turn and go;
They want full measure of all my pleasure,
But they do not need my woe.
If I am glad, my friends are many;
If I'm sad, I'll lose them all--
There are none to decline my nectared wine,
But alone I must drink life's gall.
If I feast, my halls are crowded;
Fast, and the world goes by.
If I succeed and give, it helps me live,
But no one can help me die.
There is room in the halls of pleasure
For a large and lordly train,
But one by one we must all file on
Through the narrow isles of pain.
Refer back to the "Section (II)" "Comments"
- How do you feel when you are around happy, positive people?
- How do you feel when you are around unhappy, negative people?
- How will you act when you are around the people you like?
Copyright © MondayMorningPower, All rights Reserved
Thursday, December 27, 2007
For many of us next week we go back to work and begin a new year. Let's hope that we don't see this on our desks.
- You are advised to come to work dressed according to your salary.
- If we see you wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, we will assume you are doing well financially and therefore do not need a raise.
- If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better, so that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a raise.
- If you dress just right, you are right where you need to be and therefore you do not need a raise.
We will no longer accept a doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If you are able to go to the doctor; you are able to come to work.
Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are called Saturdays & Sundays.
This is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for dead friends, relatives or co-workers. Every effort should be made to have non-employees attend the funeral arrangements. If there are cases where employee involvement is necessary, the funeral should be scheduled in the late afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work through your lunch hour and subsequently leave one hour early.
Entirely too much time is being spent in the toilet. There is now a strict three-minute time limit in the stalls. At the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the stall door will open, and a picture will be taken. After your second offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board under the "Chronic Offenders" category. Anyone caught smiling in the picture will be sectioned under the company's mental health policy.
- Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch, as they need to eat more, so that they can look healthy.
- Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get a balanced meal to maintain their average figure.
- Chubby people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time needed to drink a Slim-Fast.
Thank you for your loyalty to our company. We are here to provide a positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments, concerns, complaints, frustrations, irritations, aggravations, insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation and input should be directed elsewhere.
Technorati Tag: office+memo
Monday, December 24, 2007
As most of you know, I have not been very forthcoming with passing on the awards that I have been so generously presented. Well, today that changes. This is the big holiday Award Presentation. First I will list my friends who have so generously presented me with awards over the past three months and then display those awards.
At the end of this post I have listed the people who I am passing all of these awards on to.
Michelle of "Rusin Roundup"
Ann of "A Nice Place in the Sun"
Sindi of My Life is a Roller Coaster
Max of "Max"
Adrian of First Time Dad
Daszzle of Something To Smile About
Judy at Sugar Queen's Dreams
by Colin over at Life
Jackie of The Painted Veil
Ann of "A Nice Place in the Sun"
Kesa of The Little Aussie Cynic
Sandee of "Comedy Plus"
Amelia of "Amel's Realm"
Marja of DUTCHCORNER
Baba Doodlius of The Thoughts and Saying of Baba Doodlius
Kissing The Dogwood
As it always turns out to be, there will be someone that I have unintentionally forgotten. If you do not see yourself on the recipients list, please let me know and I will be more than happy to add you; after all it's Christmas and I am in a very giving mood.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
Posted by DubLiMan at 7:53 AM
Friday, December 21, 2007
I was in the process of figuring out what to post today when I got this story emailed to me. It became obvious that this needs to be seen, so this is today's post.
This needs to make headline news...not some of the other junk that makes the news these days!!! Like the Rosie O'Donell war of words...celeb weddings...who's not wearing undies...etc.
It's a tough, but heartwarming story...with a picture of John Gebhardt in Iraq.
John Gebhardt's wife, Mindy, said that this little girl's entire family was executed. The insurgents intended to execute the little girl also, and shot her in the head...but they failed to kill her. She was cared for in John's hospital and is healing up, but continues to cry and moan. The nurses said John is the only one who seems to calm her down, so John has spent the last four nights holding her while they both slept in that chair. The girl is coming along with her healing.
He is a real Star of the war, and represents what America is trying to do.
The American public needs to see pictures like this and needs to realize that what we're doing over there is making a difference. Even if it is just one little girl at a time.
James Gates U. S. Navy
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Troy Worman, who authors ProcessGeek, is a widely influential and creative force on the interactive Internet. He has developed a means of recognizing outstanding new blogs - those which have been started in the current year - and has now cast his net over the entire field to select the overall outstanding blogs. "Attitude, the Ultimate Power" is proud to be among the 52 that Troy has designated as "Simply Outstanding". I am both honored and humbled.
Below is Troy’s original list. There are many excellent blogs that you will want to take a look at.
Technorati Tag: outstanding+blogs