First I want to thank everyone who participated in my earlier post "Why do you Blog?":
A little bubble in the maelstrom
The Thoughts and Sayings Of Baba Doodlius
Nonsense, fun, tears, happiness & anger all rolled into one!
Life is a roller coaster!
Little Aussie Cynic
Working From Home! - Rose's Blog
WIXY's Gone Bananas
~~Sugar Queen's Dream~~
Linda and her Surroundings
After much thoughtful review of your comments I have decided to make a change to my “CAVES” analysis (Cathartic, Altruistic, Validation, Earnings & Strength.) I have reworded the entire process. Here is what I have come up with:
- Cathartic – I have changed this to Therapeutic, which is really more descriptive in why we want to share experiences.
- Altruism – Stays the same. A way to disseminate valuable information (valuable in the mind of the blogger. Whether it is actually valuable has no real bearing for this discussion) that you want to be put out their; truly giving.
- Validation – Stays the same. To feel valued as a person, or feel that his or her ideas, opinions or creativity are worthwhile.
- Earnings – I have changed this to Money. (Again, whether blogging actually can make money has no bearing on this conversation.)
- Strength – I have changed this to Improvement. What I mean by this is a channel by which we can effect change.
- Communication – New addition. Some of us what to be able to communicate with family and friends based on your circumstance, communicate with like minded people.
- Enjoyment – New addition. Let’s face it, some of find the process to be fun.
- Enlightenment – New addition. Some of us are looking for growth, looking to learn and, yes, become enlightened. If you are providing enlightenment then Improvement is your focus.
So the new formula will be known as
Again, for the sake of this discussion let’s use the following scale:
0 = Absolute no
10 = Absolute yes
Using the TIMECAVE analysis I will rework my original quotient.
T – 3
I – 8
M – 3
Enj – 9
C – 2
A – 4
V – 6
Enl – 2
I believe that this analysis better address the varying needs of why a blogger blogs. I know that it better enables me to come to grips with why I blog. For me the rewording of Strength to Improvement better describes what I am doing. It allowed me to reduce my Altruism factor in order to make it more realistic.
I would love to get further feedback. I grow with every discussion. Maybe I should increase my Enlightenment factor?
why do you blog validation altruism therapeutic money improvement enlightenment enjoyment